Jelly Bomber now available on itch.io!
Wooo! You can now pick up Jelly Bomber on itch.io!
The basic concept of Jelly Bomber was something like: can we “strategy-game-ify Dr.Mario?” It was a bit of an experiment, but I’m really pleased with the results. You can kinda just play it like you’d play a traditional abstract puzzle-game sort of thing, but at the same time it also has a lot going on, and real choices you can make. Some big differences, for those who know the rules of Dr. Mario:
- You have a character who has a passive and active ability. Charge the ability by getting combos that don’t have a fruit in them, or by blowing up Apricots.
- Every time you blow up a fruit, it creates jam at the bottom of the jar, pushing everything upwards. Over time the jam will settle a little bit too.
- The viruses are now fruits, and each fruit does something when you blow it up. Apricots charge your ability, strawberries give you single-color bombs (monobombs), and blackberries speed up the jam-settling process.
- Garbage now always drops – not just in multiplayer modes.
- The pieces fall pretty slowly and it never speeds up. In this game, it’s a lot more about “what should you do” and less of a prolonged “don’t-mess-up contest”.
Those are the big rule changes, but you’ll also notice a few other interesting things. The game is currently in Early Access, so please let us know what you think so far.
You might have noticed that our previous story about coming to Steam yesterday ended up being FALSE. I’d like to say that this is because we’re dirty, bitter liars, but the truth is that we failed to see some little text on the Steam submission page that said some stuff about blankety-blank requirements not being met yet.
Here’s the good news: the game IS coming to Steam, soon! EVEN MORE GOOD NEWS: When you buy the game on itch, you’ll get a Steam key once the game is on Steam. That’s awesome!
Go grab the game now. And do us a favor and let your friends know if you like it!